Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ethnography Update

So, without even finishing my full eHarmony profile, they have already set me up with over 48 new matches and I've started to learn some new things about this online dating site. Everday I'm getting at least 7 emails with someone who could be my perfect match. I don't even have a picture up yet, so Im assuming these matches are made by the information I gave. That seems to be what the point of the site is, but why match me with over 48 new people when they can't even see what I look like...I guess looks aren't anything these days?...YEA RIGHT! Once I upload a picture we'll see which matches actually email and which ones dont.

I do have the choice to "send a message" to one of my matches. This is when they show me the persons complete profile(minus their picture). You must sign up and pay the monthly or yearly membership to view the picture. I also have the option of sending him 5 questions out of a choice of 57, that I would want him to answer to get to know him better. Oh yea, and you can also send one "icebreaker" for free, which is things that range from "you profile brought a smile to my face today" to "it seems like we live close, lets chat"


This is all what eHarmony calls "guided communication", where they basically guide you through the steps on how to communicate with another human being. Seems odd to me so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment