Thursday, March 24, 2011

eHarmony Ethnography


So, as part of my class I have to do an ethnography>>>for my ethnography I'm going to dive into the online dating world and see what I find. I want to find if people are honest, genuine and who the site matches me with. I'm curious as to see if I'm going to be matched with someone just like me, with the same interests and beliefs. Typically, this is what makes a good "match", but how many couples do you know that are almost exactly alike and all they do is fight and bicker as a result? I'm also not single, so I'm curious as to see if people on this site will be able to figure that out, and will I be able to tell if someone I'm matched with REALLY is single? You can check out my eHarmony profile if you want...(I did however change my name to Janelle, I figured while I'm living in this online dating world I might as well change something about myself...so why not my name? Just about everything else I tried to be completely honest with!)

http://www.eharmony.com/singles/servlet/user/aboutme/profilepreview

1 comment: